On. Sept. 9 + 10, we brought together 300+ virtual and in-person attendees from across North America for our third annual Sask Startup Summit. Over 2️⃣ days, we connected founders, mentors, and investors through curated 1:1 sessions, keynote speakers and panel discussions, and of course a few social networking events. Here’s a recap of what happened.
🚀 Day One
Kicking off the day was our Founders Retreat. Throughout the morning, founders attended a variety of workshops on topics including:
- Raising Capital led by Christian Grunt, ScaleUp Ventures and Evan Rhode, Conexus Venture Capital Inc.
- UI/UX Deep Dive led by Michael Reimer and Step Unruh, Vendasta
- Optimizing Social Media Ads led by Kushal Shah, Sonic Growth
- Equity 101, led by Jeff Erickson, Carta
Vendasta’s Michael Reimer leads a UI/UX Deep Dive Workshop at Sask Startup Summit.
The afternoon was filled with founder 1:1 sessions ( 6️⃣4️⃣ to be exact 😲), the START Cohort 5 Demo Day, and our Future Founders Panel. Moderated by SaskTech President, Aaron Genest, our Future Founders Panel chatted with Kirk Morrison, Krugo, Kyle Folk, IntraGrain, Katrina, German (Ethical Digital), and Rachel Drew (Cadence) where attendees got to learn about the future of SK tech and the next generation of founders.
Sask Startup Summit’s Future Founder Panel.
We wrapped up the Day One with our Startup Social where guests were able to network and hear 3️⃣Cultivator company founders, Serese Selanders (SolusGuard), Sam Dietrich (Prairie Robotics), and Mark Wolff (myComply), share their startup stories.
Startup Social attendees watch three Cultivator company founders share their startup stories.
🚀 Day Two
Sask Startup’s Summit Day 2 was all about learning and tactical takeaways, Throughout the day, attendees heard from keynote speakers and panels on a variety of topics such as product, growth, agtech, marketing, position, and more. Guest speakers included:
- Katie Snow, 7shifts
- Cody Kurz, 7shifts
- Natasha Jacques, Google
- Lance Pitka, Rivercity Innovations
- Seth Stover, TideRise
- Danielle Steer, Kunar Startups
- Wanda Hunchak, Westcap
- Tanner Folk, IntraGrain
- Wilson Acton, VergeAg
- Kim Nicholson, The Mosaic Company
- Nadya Khoja, Boast.AI
- Sean O’Connor, Conexus Venture Capital Inc.
- Jay Rhind, Rhino Ventures
- Carollynn Schafer, Women’s Equity Lab
- April Dunford, B2B Saas Positioning Expert
- Lance Schafer, Point of Impact Technologies
- Angela Nagy, GreenStep
- Kevin Sandhu, Control
- Patrick Riley, Global Accelerator Network
Keynote speaker, Nadya Khoja, Boast.AI shares tips on scaling revenue through content and how companies can create and execute scalable marketing strategies.
It was an incredible 2️⃣ days of networking, learnings and tactical takeaways + we can confidently say we grew some #SKStartups.
And of course, none of this would be possible without our partners – a huge THANK YOU for all of your support!