Cultivator represents AGTECH ACCELERATOR at AIM for Climate Summit 2023
The AIM for Climate Summit (AIM4C) was hosted May 8-10, 2023 in Washington, D.C. The Summit, supported by Foundation for Food & Agriculture Research (FFAR), focused on bringing partners together to increase and accelerate investment in agriculture and food systems innovation for climate action.
The Summit is a premier global event “for the partners, by the partners” that provides a platform for AIM for Climate partners to raise ambition and amplify their work in climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation. This event brought together policymakers, industry leaders, producers, civil society groups, and scientists and researchers worldwide to drive rapid and transformative climate action… and Cultivator was invited to join this year’s event with an opportunity to represent the AGTECH ACCELERATOR on a main stage panel!
The conference focused on the intersection between cleantech and agtech with various keynotes, panels, and farm tours. This was a great opportunity to showcase the work of the AGTECH ACCELERATOR and to further represent Regina, Saskatchewan as a global hub for the growth of agtech.
Here are a few of the highlights from Jordan McFarlen, Cultivator powered by Conexus, Incubator Manager…
- Visiting the Canadian embassy
- Connecting with over 20 Federal Agriculture Ministers from around the world and high-level executives, such as Ramon Laguarta, CEO – PepsiCo
- Touring multiple farms to see some of the latest technologies being implemented by producers
- Speaking on a main stage panel (The Case for Investment in Climate-Smart Agriculture) with Sam Kass (Acre Venture Partners), Karen LeVert (Pappas Capital) and John Scicchitano (Pangea Africa)
- Participating in the Canada/US Agriculture mixer
- Representing the AGTECH ACCELERATOR and meeting with cohort 1 + cohort 2 companies from the program