For the past four years, we’ve been cultivating the next generation of tech founders. With a strong focus on providing resources, mentorship, and a collaborative environment, we’ve helped 115 startups. From new products to major investments, we’ve been an integral part of the growth of Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s tech industry. In just four years, we’re seeing incredible results:
“The prairie provinces have long been overlooked as a source of innovation and impact, but Saskatchewan founders and startups are proving that wrong,” said Hannah Castle, Program Manager, Cultivator. “In just four short years, we’ve been able to prove that with the help of resources, programming, and support available from Cultivator, that Saskatchewan startups can experience unprecedented success and growth and are making their mark on the global tech scene.”
Cultivator companies are continually hitting major milestones. A few that happened in 2022 include:
- GROW company, memoryKPR, is being used in over 100 companies, and was one of ten companies accepted into the Silicon Valley Digital Accelerator.
- SCALE company, StoreToDoor, closed a $1.25 million seed round.
- SCALE alumni, myComply, closed a $5.6 million seed round.
AGTECH ACCELERATOR cohort 1 alumni, IntelliCulture, closed a $1.7 million seed round.
- SCALE alumni, Precision AI, was awarded the Environmental Sustainability Award at the 2022 Innovation Reception.
- GROW company, twello, secured a spot in the top five in the Startup TNT Investment Summit.
- SCALE company, SolusGuard, announced a multi-year, multi-million-dollar deal with Manitoba Hydro.
- SCALE company, Offstreet, won the Startup TNT Investment Summit.
- GROW company, BrewNinja, hit 100+ brewery milestone and surpassed $20K MRR.
- SCALE company, ServiceBox, surpassed $1 million ARR.
- And many more…
“It’s difficult to quantify the impact Cultivator has had on Offstreet, as it has been an integral part of the company,” said Kyle Smyth, Co-founder of Offstreet. “To oversimplify, the most significant impact would be creating a startup community. A community means we have a talent pool to hire from, mentors to learn from, investors for capital, peers for support, and a place we can call home. Without Cultivator, our company would not likely be based or headquartered in Regina.”
Launched in 2019, Cultivator provides resources, mentorship, programming, and space to local startups through its START, GROW and SCALE programs. In 2021, it launched an AGTECH ACCELERATOR program with Economic Development Regina and Emmertech (an agtech venture capital fund managed by Conexus Venture Capital Inc.) to accelerate the growth of Canada’s top agtech startups. The first cohort, consisting of 16 companies from across Canada and the United Kingdom, took place in 2022 and yielded incredible success. In 2022, the AGTECH ACCELERATOR cohort 1 companies: